Frequently Asked Questions


What's a CPA?

Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is the statutory title of qualified accountants in the United States who have passed the Uniform Certified Public Accountant Examination and have met additional state education and experience requirements for certification as a CPA.
The primary functions CPA fulfill relate to assurance services, or public accounting. In assurance services, also known as financial audit services, CPAs attest to the reasonableness of disclosures, the freedom from material misstatement, and the adherence to the applicable generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) in financial statements.


What's a Company Secretary?

According to the Hong Kong Companies Ordinance, limited company shall appoint a Company Secretary. The function of company secretary is to be in charge of arranging meetings, keeping minutes of meetings, and presenting statutory documents to governmental department in order to ensure the company meets statutory requirements. In addition, to assist with opening bank account.


Need Hong Kong company incorporated pay fees to Hong Kong Government?

Hong Kong company incorporated needs to pay to Hong Kong Government business registration certificate fee (HKD2,450) and annual return filing fee ( HKD$105) every year.


How Hong Kong company incorporated process annual accounting and auditing?

It can entrust professional Certified Public Accountant's firm to process. The company only needs to provide invoices, monthly bank statements, bills, pay record and other information, in which to help conduct accounting and auditing work.


Profits Tax - The Scope of the Charge

Persons, including corporations, partnerships, trustees and bodies of persons carrying on any trade, profession or business in Hong Kong are chargeable to tax on all profits (excluding profits arising from the sale of capital assets) arising in or derived from Hong Kong from such trade, profession or business. There is therefore no distinction made between residents and non-residents. A resident may therefore derive profits from abroad without suffering tax